Many of the major U.S. car rental companies can be found in Buenos Aires and most of the popular destinations in the country. Reservations can be made direclty with them online.
There are a few factors to keep in mind when renting a car in Argentina:
– You’ll find that the rates are considerably more expensive than in the U.S.
– Car sizes also tend to be smaller so factor that in for your luggage
– It is common for car rental companies to place a hold on your credit card for damages
– Most cars are stick shifts
– Lastly, driving in Buenos Aires is considerably more aggressive that in most U.S. cities.
As a general rule, if you are comfortable driving in Europe or New York City, you’ll be fine.